Friday, April 17, 2009

I have a love/hate relationship with Fridays...

I LOVE knowing that the weekend is just around the corner...But I HATE trying to pass the last 8 hours of the work week. I swear, I've been at work for four hours and I've actually worked for about 45 minutes. Yay email, Facebook and the wonderful world of blogging.

Anyway, in an attempt to pass some more time before doing any more work, I'm stealing a new meme from Muffs. Thankyouverymuch.

1) Single, Taken, or Crushing?
Definitely taken, but I have a huge crush on Josh Holloway from Lost (Sawyer). I was just reading up on Lost earlier this week and learned that the next season will be the last! I will be very sad when that happens. I want them to stay on the island forever. Or better yet, I'll just find my way to the island with Sawyer and everyone else can go home.

2) Are you happy with where you are?
Physically...I could be happier if I weren't at work, but I like to pay the bills, so I'm okay with it. In the metaphoric sense (as Jamie so aptly put it), yeah, I'm pretty happy. I'm really jonesin' for a kid, but I can continue to be patient...for a while.

3) When you meet the right person, do you fall fast?
Yeah. Before I was married, if the guy was nice enough and showed boyfriend potential, it didn't take long before I was head over heels.

4) Have you ever had your heart broken?
I don't know that I have. I mean, when I was younger, I know I went through some breakups that really hurt. No, wait. I take that back. I definitely have. My first real boyfriend. I was totally smitten with the guy. Geez, I would've done anything for him. And he broke up with me over an IM. I couldn't even get a phone call. It totally came out of the blue, as far as I was concerned. I never really did find out why we broke up. I have to admit, I still look for him on Facebook every once in a while, hoping that I can at least see what he looks like now. I started to say that I hope he's ugly and miserable now, but I really don't. I hope he's happy in life - everyone deserves that.

5) Do you believe that there are certain circumstances where cheating is ok?
I don't believe that it's okay. When you make a commitment to someone, stick to it. And if you don't want to stick to it, then don't stay in the relationship.

6) Would you ever take someone back if they cheated on you?
I would like to say no, but I'd be lying. Hubby and I went through some tough times in our past, and I did take him back. It was a long time ago, and people grow up. I don't agree with the statement 'Once a cheater, always a cheater.' You learn from your mistakes and you change.

7) Have you talked about marriage with another person?
Duh.

8) Do you want children?
Again, duh.

9) How many?
I'd be happy with one right now, but eventually, I'd like to have two.

10) Would you consider adoption?
If we couldn't have our own, I definitely would.

11) If somebody liked you right now, what do you think is a cool way to let you know?
They should send me a note which says 'I like you. Do you like me? Check Yes, No or Maybe' LOL!

12) Do you enjoy playing hard to get?
Pfft.

13) Be honest, do you play the "game" when you are dating?
Um...I don't think I know what that is...God, I feel old.

14) Do you believe love at first sight exists?
I used to...I think I've become jaded in my old age. lol Really, I think love is something that develops over time. And it changes, too. I love my husband in a much different way than I did 9 years ago (ew...really? nine years?)

15) Are you romantic?
At heart, absolutely. In reality, no way. I'm too lazy to be romantic. And my husband wouldn't know romantic if I threw it at him.

16) Do you believe that you can change someone?
No - a person can only change if THEY want it.

17) If you could get married anywhere, money not an object where would it be?
If I could've gotten married anywhere, it would've been exactly where I did get married. A place that I felt was home to me. I might have had a more low-key reception...Like a BBQ back at the house or something. I found that after I did the whole big shabang thing, I wished I'd taken that money and spent it elsewhere.

18) Do you have feelings for someone right now?
Sure, I've got feelings for all kinds of people! ;-)

19) Have you ever wished you could've had someone but you couldn't?
Yes. Oh Lordy, did I ever. There were a couple guys that I wanted to love so badly...One that I never had the balls to say something to, and one that wasn't at all interested. I'm glad I didn't though. Who knows where I'd be now.

20) Have you ever broken a heart?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that I have. Not that I intentionally said, "Hm...I think I'm going to go in bitch mode and break B's heart." I just thought the grass was greener on the other side. Once I figured out that it wasn't, it was too late.

21) Would you ever fight somebody over your significant other?
Fight someone...? I dunno. I have never been in a fight. But I guess if it came down to it, I would.

22)What would you say about your last ex?
He's a great guy. And I'm sorry if I've ever done anything to hurt him. We've remained sorta neutral friends over the last few years. I try to keep up with him, but he doesn't respond much. That might be his current gf's wishes. Or he might just not give a shit. I care for him and I hope that he finds happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment