Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You Capture - Fun

Photobucket

This week's You Capture Challenge was FUN! No...really...that's what the topic was. I mean, yes it was fun to do, but the topic itself was 'Fun'. So, I had these grandiose plans of going for a walk to the skate park around the corner, and taking photos of some of the kids doing their thang. But that never happened. I just didn't have the time or, frankly, the desire to walk over there. And what if I did and the kids were all 'Who are you, Lady? Why are you taking our pics?' No...I decided to drop that idea. So, instead, I tried to come up with some things that I find fun.
My first fun thing is cooking. And I've been doing a lot of it lately. Last night, I made one of my favorite!! dishes - Chicken Breasts with Balsamic & Mushroom Sauce (I'll be posting the recipe later tonight or tomorrow). Soooo...Here's my tasty photos!
Not a TON of ingredients, but OH SO TASTY!

Browning the chicken breasts...I really am finding that the more I cook, the better I get. Fancy that!

The sauce is just starting to get bubbly here...And by now, the whole house is smelling like garlic and balsamic vinegar. Great combo!
I'm really fond of this one. I think it looks pretty yummy and I really like how the colors are so bright.
My other fun topic is getting ready for work/going out/whatever. I love doing my makeup and my hair. I have TONS of eye shadows. I really like taking the time to make myself look nice in the morning.
I'm not such a huge fan of this makeup case photo...It just looks kinda sloppy. But I wanted to document just how many shadows I have...And there's so many more underneath the curling iron that are hiding beneath the nail polish bag. Every chance I get, I wear turquoise, so I can wear this awesome shade of blue on my eyelids, too.

My favorite photo this week is either this last one or the last cooking photo. I'm not sure which I like better...Help me decide...?

14 comments:

  1. I love that you took makeup shots, because I was so close to doing that! I agree that makeup is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooking pictures looked delicious.... I wish I loved to cook, but I don't. I do love to eat! That looks so yummy! Makeup is awesome. I'm too embarrassed to show how much I have. I'm not much of an artist, so I never use much, but I envy people who can apply makeup well. Great shots... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to stop by again to get that recipe. It looks yummy! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to cook too! I love to see pictures of the finished product before I make it. The dish looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must post this recipe - it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and I say that in a "fun" way. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun in this post! I cannot wait to see the recipe for that dinner! WOW! I don't even like mushrooms, and it looks amazing! Your makeup looks like lots of fun, too. I LOVE that turquoise shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummy! I'm starved. I'll be keeping that recipe! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That chicken recipe looks so yummy! I think that my favorite shot is the last one. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete