Thursday, April 2, 2009

"You develop a 're-pore'..."

REPORE!?!!??? Geez, Guy!

I'm watching 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' on ABC.com, and on the latest episode, they were building a home for a family that took in a WHOLE LOT of wild animals. They had something like 50 big cats (tigers, leopards, lynxes) that other people had assumingly purchased on the black market and then given up when the animals got to be too much. The family's house was in serious need of some help and EMHE came to the rescue. It was a great story, I cried when I was supposed to and laughed when Ty and the designers were goofy and ridiculous. And in the middle of it all, one of the volunteers was talking about how each of the animals are different and have their own personalities and how you develop a 'repore' with each one...I wanted to strangle him through the screen. Dude, if you're going to be on national tv, try not to look like a doofus. I understand that the word 'rapport' is not spelled how it sounds and a lot of people may think that repore is the correct spelling of the word. But to accentuate the E (Re-pore), you just sound dumb.

There are a lot of stupid things like this that bug me. And I thought I'd share. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment