Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Capture - Rustic

Photobucket
Wow! Was this week's You Capture difficult!!! The topic was rustic. When I first saw that last week, I thought 'What does that word really even mean...?' When I think of rustic, I think of old log cabins, lots of wood and certain foods. Actually, when I fantasize about owning my own restaurant, I think rustic would be a very good term to describe what I see in my head. Kinda log cabin-ish, dark colors, heavy comfort food, like beef stew and homemade mac n cheese. But what to photograph for this challenge? The more I thought about it, the more I thought about things like old barns or old wooden farm houses. My town is totally surrounded by farms, so I thought this could be easier than I'd first expected. And I had the idea to actually make some beef stew for dinner this week. And then Wednesday night was already here and I hadn't gotten a chance to take the photos (or make the stew) that I'd been planning in my head. Doh.

That being said, I did take a couple shots at my parents' house on Sunday. That sunroom that I mentioned in my crazy dream is all made of wood on the inside. My mom's got a country kind of style, so I took advantage and got a couple shots there.



Cowbell that hangs in the sunroom...I thought it was kinda rusticky...Yes? No? :-)

Wood is rustic...Wood comes from trees...I really just like the angles in this shot.

This is totally not rustic, but I love it. This robin was just hopping around in the muddy leaves. My fam had just been admiring the birds at my mom's feeder (cardinals, chickadees, finches) and I saw this guy avoiding the masses. My final rustic photo. I like this one a lot, too. I don't remember where this bird house came from...Something my mom picked up at one time, I'm sure. I'm going to say this is my favorite one this week because I feel it best represents the topic.

14 comments:

  1. Love the variety in pictures. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot of the robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shot of the bird- love the editing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did some running around too, huh?! I especially love the bird photo. Very nice colors and smudging! You should name him Russ!? Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice captures! The tree is great and I love the robin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The robin is my favorite but they're all great. Terrific work this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like all your shots - they all turned out great! rustic was hard one to get a handle on , wasn't it? i think the cow bell is my favorite. now, next week's topic? i think that's a hard one. i'll have to check out your shots next week and see what you came up with - lol.

    please feel free to stop by my page at The Shadow of the Cross and see my post on rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I love the tree one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That birdhouse is great! And I love the robin one as well.

    Yes, I do live in Alaska. The best time to visit is definitely from June to August. July is usually the warmest month. I live in Southcentral, south of Anchorage. It gets decently warm here. And it's gorgeous! You should definitely come up some day! I've got a bunch of photos on my blog(s) if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that bird house...very "rustic" and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job. I like the birdhouse and the robin.

    ReplyDelete