Thursday, April 23, 2009

You Capture - Letters

O.M.G. This week's You Capture was really challenging!!! Like more so than last week's rustic challenge. The topic for this week was 'Letters'. I was really straining my brain to come up with ideas.

My first thought was letters, like at the post office. I hadn't yet been to my local post office (we just moved in September - give me a break!), so I swung by on my way home yesterday (damn the rain!!!) and when I got there was quite disappointed. Living in a small farm town, I should have known better. The post office was just a house. Literally, an old house with a couple mailboxes outside. So, I dropped that idea. It really wasn't what I was going for. My backup plan, which I'd dropped before I even got to the post office, was photos of graffiti. I love how it looks - I think it's very artistic - and if I had the right opportunity, I'd take TONS of shots. However, that would probably require me going to some unsavory part of town. And that's not something that I'm thrilled about doing on my own.

Sooo...As I'm driving home from the post office, it came to me! I'd walk around the neighborhood and come up with photos to represent each letter in the alphabet. A is for Apple, style.

I ended up not getting all 26 letters, but here's what I did get. I think I might finish this at a later date...I really am happy with the idea that I came up with.


A is for abandoned...This bike was just laying there all alone. No kids in sight. There aren't any houses nearby.

B is for Baseball Diamond

C is for Cat...Woofy was waiting in the window for me when I got home!

E is for Easter Bunny...I'm a little slow to put away my decorations...So what?

G is for Garbage Day

H is for Home Sweet Home (not mine...But someone's!)

K is for Kite

L is for Lightpost

M is for Mother's Love...My girlfriend from work brought her daughter in to work last week...I just love the way she's smiling at her baby girl.

N is for New Life...I can't wait to see how this tree in my front yard looks when these buds open up!!!

P is for Pinecones

R is for Red

S is for Sunny

Z is for Zebra...I really liked how these folks' grass looks like a zebra print...Maybe I wouldn't like it so much if it were my own grass, which is still brown, btw.

I'd love to hear what you think! And for more unique representations of 'Letters,' go on over to:Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I am jealous of your sunny picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea! I love the R is for Red, and the S is for Sunny...thinking about my boy's favorite colors and the fact that he was my sunshine! I love the kite too! Is it flying off of the air conditioner? What fun. I think you should definitely finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, great idea!! I really like that "red" picture -- all of them are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got some great shots here, but my favorite is the line of garbage cans set out for garbage day! what a hoot! great captures :O)

    i have my you capture post up now, so come on by The Shadow of the Cross and check it out. i'd love to have you visit :O).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, awesome captures! My favorites are lightpost, new life, and red. You worked SO hard on this, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun take on the letters theme. My favorite is the Red for R. You did such a great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying everyone's take on letters. You were thinking outside of the box. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, very unique! I love the baseball diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, you're an amazing photographer. O_O i'm really impressed! i've never heard of "you capture" but it sounds too good to not at least check out. :)

    so this is my first time at your blog, obviously, and i just wanted to give you mad props (yes, i said mad props :P) for being a software tester and going to school to be a programmer! it's hard to find smart and nerdy and beautiful women sometimes -- not that we don't exist, i think we're just silenced more than anything. *sniffle* anyway, i don't want to encourage anything WoW related but. . . what server(s) do you play on? my bf needs some kuwl WoW friends. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pics and super creative idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your interpretation of this theme! Awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That took some time and thinking...Cool.

    ReplyDelete