Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sunny Days, Sweepin the Clouds Away

I LOVED Sesame Street! I don't think it's the same show now as it was 20 years ago, though. I love how Google's been celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Sesame with creative Google Doodles. Although, today's doodle was sorta disappointing.
Why, you ask? Because SNUFFY ISN"T THERE!!! What the heck is going on??? There's a bunch of random girl muppets that are maybe more prevalent in the show now than when I was a kid, but seriously, where the heck is Mr. Snuffleupagus??? I love Bert & Ernie. And I don't know if they're really gay or not, but they effing should be. I hear Cookie Monster counts veggies instead of cookies now, WTF is that? Who is that other red guy? There's Elmo & Telly, but I don't know that other guy's name.

I miss the days of Sesame Street. Life was so much easier back then. I wonder when it's on now...I might like to camp out in front of the boob tube, On my way, to where the air is sweeeet! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street???

3 comments:

  1. I miss the old S.S too. Cookie Monster- veggies?? WTF! I'm all for kids learning to eat health, but Cookie Monster counts cookies not veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first pack of Pampers I got, I couldn't believe there was some orange chick among Big Bird and Elmo decorating the diapers. It's Zoe, I've since learned, and yeah, I like her...but for the longest time when changing Rex, I'd mutter, "Whatever. Who's this orange girl anyway?" I guess we don't do well with change, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching Big Bird getting ready for bed in his nest and he had all these stuffed animals all arranged neatly before going to sleep....I believe this caused me as a child to put any stuffed animal and toy that I or anyone else had on my bed and then lay among them....that is what I remember on that show.. :) Oh, to be a child again....

    ReplyDelete