Monday, November 9, 2009

Lame Weekend Update

Ugh...This weekend was really rather crappy. Friday afternoon, I went to visit the fam. That was the highlight of the weekend, for sure. Played dice with Mom & Omi. Had dinner with Dad & Uncle. Was exhausted by 6:30. Cancelled plans with Melissa because I'm lame and wanted to go to bed. And did just that as soon as I got home.

Woke up early on Saturday, with a pounding headache. It was so bad that I felt lightheaded and nauseous. SO not the way I wanted to start my weekend. Especially since I had plans with my BFF to go out for her birthday. I made coffee, hoping the headache was due to lack of caffeine, but I think that just made me feel worse. I camped myself out in bed and tried to sleep it off. I napped and watched food network on and off all day. I was committed to going out. I got up around 4 and showered (in the dark), hoping that would help, but that didn't do it either. I felt horrible, but I ended up cancelling with Bestie.

I just felt like a terrible friend. I know how disappointed I'd have been if it had been my birthday and my friend cancelled on me. But I really would NOT have been any fun, if I'd gone out. We were supposed to go bar hopping and just the idea of alcohol or loud noise made me want to cry. So, I called her up and heard the disappointment in her voice, and at the last minute, considered sucking it up and going out anyway, but I ended up staying in bed.

I was feeling a bit better on Sunday, headache and nausea were gone, but I still had a scratchy throat. Honey lemon tea and Theraflu helped with that, so I did some grocery shopping and made a turkey breast with sausage & apple stuffing and mashed potatoes for dinner. We started to watch HP & the Half Blood Prince and ended up going to bed an hour into the movie.

I'm feeling much better today and have made plans to take Bestie to dinner to make up for my flaking out on Saturday night. JB isn't at work again today - sounds like she's got the same thing I had this weekend - so I'm relatively busy. Although, apparently not so busy that I couldn't post to my blog. lol

I'm going to try to hit up the library tonight after work. I need to get the book for my book club and I just cannot afford it right now. What's a library for, afterall? I just need to figure out where it is. lol!

Happy Monday, Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your feeling better. Two of my kids were sick last week... so much fun NOT. What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete