Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You Capture - Sweet!

It's that time of the week, kids! It's time for You Capture!

Photobucket

This week's theme was sweet. Naturally, I thought of things that taste sweet. And while I did think about expanding my horizons and photographing things that I think are "sweet," as in super!, I waited til the last minute to take my photos this week. So, I came up with a few sweet things in my kitchen.

An ear of corn from this weekend's BBQ with Hubby's mom. I was incredibly surprised at how sweet it was!

Next, we have a couple shots of caramels...I bought these for some cookies that I intended on making months ago, and never got around to it. Now, the caramels sit in my spice cabinet, waiting to be found by Hubby.

And finally, my favorite bottle of wine (perhaps the reason I'm rambling a bit more than usual tonight. A glass or two bottle will do that, ya know...). I really only drink dessert/sweet wines, so this is perfect. :-)

To see some more sweetness, go on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and check out some of the other Captures for this week!

24 comments:

  1. I love corn on the cob... yum! Great shots!
    Toni
    http://thehappyhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of it looks yummy and definitely sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the corn is awesome though they all look sweet to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your captures! Whatever the sweet corn is on makes for a great background. Is that just saran wrap with great lighting? The Carmels in the mug make for a very calming shot and I love it that they live in your spice cabinet for some reason! :) The wine looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh...great perspective with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments! :-)

    Jessi - the background is the tin foil that I grilled the corn in. And the lighting was the fluorescent light in my kitchen. It's all about the editing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh oh - caramels! They are my favorite and they remind me of my Granny... sweeeeet!

    Nell
    SheSnaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you're the second person to use a picture of corn on the cob and now I want some so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the perspective of the cup photos is great. fantastic coposition with all of them. Great photos. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great captures, very sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha - the last shot has me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy sweetness! I adore a good ole' sweet corn on the cob dripping with butter! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots! The corn on the cob made me hungry.. and thanks for the comment on my blog. Luckily she was blowing them at the park, so no extra seeds in my yard. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the different perspectives. And I LOVE sweet/dessert wine. It is the perfect way to end the day. Especially with dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love sweet corn! And caramels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's just wrong. Now I want wine and caramel and sweet corn, and I have none.

    Great shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm. Wine. Is 4:30 too early for a glass?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious pictures! I love the caramels in the cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the first one of the caramels! But they are all great captures.

    ReplyDelete