Wednesday, July 29, 2009

White Knot

This morning on my favorite radio show, Drex did a segment on gay marriage and civil unions. And I cried.

Who am I (or anyone else, for that matter) to say whether or not Bob and Fred should be allowed to be married. I recognize that the Church doesn't support gay marriage. And that's fine. But why shouldn't two men or two women be allowed to go to a courthouse and be married?

There's so much hate and animosity in the world. Why do we have to stifle what little love actually survives?

Every time the topic of gay marriage comes up, I'm flooded with emotions. I feel so bad for the people who aren't allowed to marry the man or woman that they love. Why does it matter to someone else? It isn't fair and it's time to change.

At one time in this country's history, people weren't allowed to marry outside their own race. Women couldn't vote. And enough people realized that these issues were unfair and unfounded. I think it's time to do the same for this issue.

In my right sidebar, there's a link to White-Knot.org. Go there. Show your support. Lets help make a change for the better. Please!

1 comment: