Thursday, July 9, 2009

Death is the best way to describe it

On Monday, I was feeling just fine.

On Tuesday, I was doing okay in the morning and then at one point, I had this enormous sneeze, and the rest of the day, I felt very congested and developed a headache. I was attributing these things to allergies. When I got home from work, I took a dose of allergy meds and while the pressure in my head and the drippy nose didn't go away, I continued to assume that the pollen and weather change were getting the better of me.

Yesterday, I woke up and couldn't hear out of one ear, I was stuffy, my head was pounding and I just couldn't pull my ass out of bed. As the day went on, I developed a fever, chills and a sore throat. As much as I would have liked to, I didn't leave work. But I can't say that I actually got much done. I spent most of the day counting down the minutes til I could leave. It was a chore to type or read or focus on anything other than how cold I felt on the inside, but how hot I was on the outside. Quarter to three rolled around, and I was out. I got home by 4 and laid down with a ton of blankets in my recliner. Put on Tyra and napped for a couple hours. I still wasn't feeling better, so I went up to bed, made Hubby roll over and slept, with a couple interruptions, until 5:30 this morning.

The fever was gone when I got up and I'm so much less achey than I was yesterday. I still feel like poo though. My head's all clogged up, I sound horrible and I can hardly keep my eyes open. About 20 minutes after I got here this morning, JB - my friend at work - called in, saying she's got the same shit I have, and she's staying home. Lord knows that I wasn't going to be off all next week, I'd still be in bed right now.

So, yeah, I feel like death. And I'd appreciate it if this feeling could just go away. Soon.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound a lot like death. Plus the sneezing, of course. Hope you feel better soon! Something about getting sick in Summer always feels wrong to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope you feel better!!!! Get lots of rest, drink lots of water, and ....oh no....I turned into my mom!!! I'm taking on the role of being your blog mom right now and if I could cook chicken noodle soup from scratch....I would. :)

    ReplyDelete