Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I really shouldn't...

Get my hopes up, that is. I have been trying for weeks to come up with a good plan for next week's summer vacation.
  • First, we were going to go the BMW National Rally in Tennessee. Then Hubby's mom told us she didn't want to go, so that was ruled out.
  • Then, we were going to go camping somewhere. But the more we considered that, the more we decided that camping is really something that's best done with other people. We get too bored with one another when we go camping.
  • So, then we talked about going to a waterpark resort like the Kalahari in Sandusky, Ohio, where we went for our honeymoon. But that's like $300/night. And honestly, part of the reason that we loved it so much for our honeymoon was that it was in the middle of October and it was rather empty. We got a great deal and didn't have to deal with a lot of people. But now, we're in peak vacationing season. I'm sure there would be a ton of people and their rowdy-ass kids there. And I know Hubby wouldn't enjoy it as much.
  • We talked about going on a roadtrip to who knows where.
  • He finally said to me last week that we should go someplace that has a nearby photo-op, like a zoo or some sort of scenic place and where the hotel room is relatively inexpensive.

I think I might have found the perfect place. And I really want to get excited about it, but I know that if I come home, jumping around him about it, like a puppy that needs to pee, I'm going to get shot down. So, let me jump around your ankles for a moment!

I want to go to Columbus, Ohio (I don't know what it is about Ohio...It just seems to be a happy place for me). I did a google search for the top-ranked zoos in the country and Columbus Zoo & Aquarium was one of the closer ones. So, I googled Columbus Zoo, and lo & behold, they have a waterpark that's associated with the zoo!!! At first, I didn't want to be swayed by the waterpark alone, so I tried to pretend like I hadn't seen that. I looked around at the zoo's site and it seems like it's a pretty nifty one! They've got a lot of the animals that I love, and a lot of ones that we don't have here at Brookfield. They also are associated with Jack Hanna, who is the COOLEST! Okay, so I'm totally sold on the zoo. So, now, I go check out the waterpark site. AWESOME!! They've got all kinds of rides and two different lazy rivers!!! (If I was a puppy, this would be the part where I piddle a little bit because I'm so effing excited!!!!!!!!!!!!) They even offer a discounted rate if you buy the package deal for both the zoo & waterpark - $38/person. It's only $4 off (waterpark - 30, zoo - 12), but hell. $4 will buy me...a cheeseburger...? I checked out hotels in the area and there's an Embassy Suites nearby - Can you say awesome room and free HOT breakfast??? I'm so completely and totally sold on this idea. It's about 6.5 hours away, which isn't too bad at all. I really hope I can sell this to Hubby. This is supposed to be his birthday celebration, but seriously, when don't we do what he wants!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! :-D

2 comments:

  1. Joe and I went to the Columbus Zoo last summer. The zoo was great. Excellent variety! Joe wasn't impressed witht the aquarium, but he's obsessed with aquariums. But that area and the Zoo were great! I love that vacation idea! Kudos to you - you guys will L.O.V.E. it.

    ReplyDelete