Thursday, July 9, 2009

Censored

I spend a lot of my life censoring myself. My dad taught me early on that the best policy is to pick your battles. And I do. To a fault. I hate confrontation. I hate when people are angry with me or with something that I've done or with something that someone else has done. I feel like I'm constantly trying to smooth things over. Like I'm always in 'Can't We All Just Get Along?' mode.

My blog should be a place where I can come and vent. Where I can let off some steam. Do you see the name that I've assigned to myself? Easily Manipulated. Because I am. I let people push me around and make decisions for me. Why? Because I'd rather have myself unhappy and torn than have someone that I care about in that situation. But you know, I'm really rather sick of this. I'm tired of putting everyone else's feelings before my own. Hubby and I have made a lot of progress in this department in the last six months and I think it's high time that I apply it to the rest of my life.

You may or may not have read a blog that I posted yesterday morning. The person that I was writing about read it and requested that I take it down. I did, not because I feel that I'd said anything untrue, but because I do value the relationship that we once had. The intentions of the post was not to hurt her feelings, but to alleviate my own. I don't know if she randomly happened upon the blog or if someone pointed her to it, but in either case, here's the deal...

If you don't like what I have to say, stop reading.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right. I hate that I have to wonder, "what will so-and-so say if I write that?" It's YOUR blog. Your thoughts, your words, your feelings. I don't think you have anything to feel badly about. You didn't call anyone out. (Hello, Pseudonyms.) :sigh: I hate drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I will take the weight and stress of the world on me all for the sake of my family & friends happiness. Then I feel guilty for venting or even asking for help when I know I need it, because god forbid I have free time to do something for myself. Just as long as they are all happy it doesn't matter if I'm burnt out. Life what ya gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still reading...and I always like what you have to say...so much so that I dedicated an ENTIRE BLOG POST - LONGEST EVER - to one of your comments on my blog a few weeks ago. Now, I hope it helps...I'm exhausted!

    Hope you are doing well. I've been farming on facebook, not so much blogging...shame on me!!

    Hugs to you!
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete