Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Public Washroom Etiquette

This bugs the poop outta me (pun intended)...I've asked Hubby how he would handle the situation and he agrees. So it makes me wonder how you feel about it...

Our washroom here at work has three regular stalls and one handicapped stall at the end. My questions to you are these:
a. No one else is in the washroom - which stall do you choose?
b. There's someone in the 1st stall - which one do you choose?
c. There's someone in the 3rd stall - which one do you choose?

It drives me CRAZY to be going to the washroom and there are three empty stalls and this woman has to choose the one right next to me! I used to always use the first stall and recently decided to start using the third one, since it seemed that women were just choosing the next stall available. So, today, I'm in the 3rd stall and this woman uses the 2nd one -right next to me. Dude! The first stall is open. Why do you have to come sit right next to me? Are Hubby and I crazy? Does it bother you to have someone squatting right next to you if there are other options available?

And here's another public washroom question for you...There's a woman who works on my floor that does not wash her hands. She does her duty, goes to the sink and turns the water on for 3 seconds, just enough to get her hands wet, turns off the water and dries her hands. I know who she is and I've seen her do this countless times. It's effing GROSS!! What would you do? She doesn't work for my company and I only see her in passing, but in addition to sharing a communal bathroom, we share a kitchen. And ice in the freezer. So she's putting her nastiness all over the place. I mean, I can't walk around with latex gloves on all day long...This is a grown woman. Did no one ever teach her to use SOAP!?!??

Ew.

3 comments:

  1. OMG jen - we are on the same wavelength here. at my work we have 5 stalls w/ one handicapped - and it happens all the time!! and what's worse is that there are 2 entrances, so you never know where to go or which stall the next person will chose. i'm very sure i've bitched to mike about the same issue.

    thanks for sharing - love reading this stuff!

    - kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, going in the stall next door is the worst! Who does that?!

    And as for the hand washing, also ew. I have to say I have a feeling this is my boyfriend's preferred method of handwashing as well. Not cool at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely agree that if there is an open stall away from the one that i am in they sure as hell better use that one! there is no reason to crowd my stall...this is my bathroom space and that is your bathroom space (dirty dancing reference, i hope someone got it lol!). anyway, you and the hubby are not crazy, i agree!

    ReplyDelete