Friday, March 11, 2011

Thirty Days - Day Ten

A photo of me taken over ten years ago

I couldn't pick just one...I love embarrassing myself with old pics.  Especially when other people are included in them.  :-)

First, a picture from 1996, so that puts me us in 8th grade.  I'm on the left with my big bushy eye brows and sticker on my cheek.  And on the right is Melissa, giving me the evil eye.  You love me.  I promise.  Not sure what the dirty look was for that day.  Geez, we look like such babies!

This picture was taken in the basement of the Catholic grade school I went to for 7th & 8th grade.  The basement was used for many different functions - lunch room during the week, meeting space for after masses, a place to pick up your market day orders, and the place where we had our weekly music classes (Side note - to this day, when I hear "La Cucaracha", I still remember the two of us convincing Mrs. K that we should sing it in class...Despite the fact that NONE of us spoke Spanish!  lol!!).

This second picture is from Prom, my senior year.  What a difference four years can make on some eyebrows, right???  lol  I went from one ridiculous extreme to the other.  I'm glad to say, they've settled at a more normal place and size nowadays.  :-)
About a month before prom, my boyfriend of two years and I called it quits.  I didn't know what I was going to do about prom.  It was the first dance in years that I actually had to worry about finding a date for.  The guy that I went with, Tim, was a good friend and such a nice guy.  He asked me before I could make the mistake of going with my ex "for old times' sake".  I'm fairly certain that Tim would have liked to become an item, but I was too busy feeling sorry for myself to realize what a wonderful boyfriend Tim would've made.  I haven't had much contact with him since I graduated, but I'm sure that he's continued being a nice guy and is making his wifey a happy girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment