Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thirty Days - Day Nine

Pet Peeves



I don't know where this pet peeve comes from, but somewhere along the way, I became a spelling/grammar bitch.  Nothing irritates me more than seeing misspellings and incorrect uses of words like their/they're/there.  Come on!  Why is it so hard to remember how these words work?  And with all of the spell checking tools that we have, why do I still see things spelled wrong? 

I'm my job, I have a lot of correspondence that happens through emails.  You'd think at a professional level, people would click the spell check button.  But no, they don't.  I have become the proofreader in my office.  Any time an official document is sent to a customer, they ask me to read it over and correct any spelling or grammatical mistakes.  Well, thank Geebus for that!  Someone's gotta do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment