Thursday, October 22, 2009

A brighter day!

I do feel a bit better after dumping my issues on all of you yesterday. Thanks for letting me dump on ya'll.

On a more positive note, my friend JB from work, is having a 2nd birthday party for her daughter in a few weeks and she decided that she wanted to make her invitations, rather than go out and buy them. She is doing a ballerina theme and drew a couple of feet in ballet shoes. She brought her drawing in to work Tuesday, and asked me if I had any ideas of how she could color it it - she tried colored pencils and didn't like how it turned out. She talked about using markers. And then she was asking if I had any ideas of how to put the text on it.

I had her scan her drawing and told her I could use photoshop to color it is, as well as put her text on it. I didn't have time to work on it yesterday, so I did it this morning (instead of working...:-/). She loves how it turned out. And frankly, so do I. :-)

She's going to buy pink ribbon and tie a bow to the ribbon on the left ankle.

I wish I could do something like this for my job. Some sort of graphic design or photo editing. I lose a lot of my creativity when it comes to doing artsy crafty projects. But give me picnik.com and photoshop, and I really feel like I can produce pretty images.

Ugh. Maybe in my next life.

Today is going to be good. I've decided to have a positive outlook on the day. I'm leaving work at 3 today. Kiss my ass, if you don't like it, people. Making chicken & beef tacos for dinner. My BFF is coming over for din din. We're gonna make a match.com profile for another friend. And we're watching Grey's. I was just going to say 'How could it NOT be a good night?' but I'm pretty sure that if that cat shits someplace other than in the litter box, that could put a damper on the day. Whatever. Positive attitude!

Oh! Another perk to today! I'm either getting a free pizza lunch from the manager (he keeps saying he wants to do this, but hasn't made it happen yet. Tuesday night, as I was leaving, he suggested doing it today. Don't know if it's actually going to happen, though) OR I'm leaving for a while with JB. We're planning to go to JoAnne Fab's for the pink ribbon for her invitations. I LOVE JoAnne's. I might look around for Halloweeny things. Not that I have money to throw away. But, ya know. It's fun to look.

Today's gonna be a good, good day! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Such a freaking cute invite! Glad you're feeling better, it was good to talk earlier! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete