Friday, May 6, 2011

Jinxed! And stuff...

Stupid Girl!  I got all bragadocious about my nice, clear skin yesterday.  Not two hours later, I had TWO new pimples.  I blame it on the hormones associated with AF.  Yep.  That's it.  :-)

I am super excited about Mother's Day this weekend.  I came up with a fantastic idea for my Omi (Grandmother) & Mom.  For Mom, I'm going to take an old photo and get a nice frame for it.  That's a little bland, but I'm sure she's going to like it.  But I'm really excited about the gift for Omi.  My mom's brother has three daughters, so altogether, Omi has four granddaughters.  I was thinking of giving her some kind of jewelry with our four birthstones, but that shit isn't cheap.  So, I continued thinking about it and the perfect idea just hit me.  I sent an email to my cousins, and asked all three of them to send me a nice pic of themselves, and I'll take one of myself (I would have Hubby do it, but he is terrible at taking pics of me.  He has a knack for making me look like I'm about 200lbs more than I already am.  Or maybe I'm just a lot more adept at hiding it...Anyway...).  I'm going to get a frame with four slots and get it engraved with a quote that Melissa shared with me once upon a time "A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher and a little bit best friend."

I told my cousins I'd sign their names to the card, as well.  I just know she's going to LOVE it!  I would have liked to get together with girls and take a pic of the four of us together, but one of the girls lives in Nebraska, and hasn't been back to Illinois in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I'm having lunch at Omi's on Sunday with my Godmother (mom's cousin Sandy) and her mom.  And then we'll all go over to my parents' house to hang out for a while.  I'm thinking about maybe getting my mom a plant, too.  We'll see how much I spend on the frame and whether or not I get it engraved, too.  Hubby is going to hang out with his mama, too.  But she's working until 3, so he's going to go hang at her house (probably sleep) until she gets off.  Chances are that I'll end up over there, too.

Anyway, I'm stoked about the weekend.  Tomorrow, I'm making a roasted chicken & veggies for dinner and working on the gifts for Mom & Omi.  And Sunday, we'll be "down south" all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment