Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween Peoples!!!

It is true - I'm a couple days early.  However, today is the more exciting day.  I dressed up at work in my last minute costume and am super excited to share it with you Lovelies....That is, if anyone is still reading...lol

Up until Wednesday night at about 11pm, I was planning on being a mime this year.  I had everything I needed, except for the shirt.  I figured it would be easier to MAKE a black & white striped tshirt than it would be to buy one, so I went to the fabric store in search of black & white striped jersey or cotton knit fabric.  And was rather dismayed when no such fabric was found.  I called a couple other stores and they didn't have anything like what I was looking for either.  I then found this fabric spray paint and thought this would be the perfect solution!  I had a long sleeved white tshirt and I taped stripes on said shirt, and painted it with the spray paint on Wednesday night.  And realized how tacky it was going to look.  I had two cans of the paint and they only covered one side of the shirt and it was really just not coming out the way I wanted.  I laid down that night and told Hubby how worried I was that the costume was going to be jinky, and he convinced me to scrap the mime idea and figure something else out.

So, yesterday, I went back and forth with a number of ideas, and finally decided on one.  See, for me, Halloween is all about the makeup.  What interesting, cool shit can I do to my face?  And once I decide on that, I plan the rest of the costume accordingly.  So, I found a YouTube tutorial (this is where I get a good number of my makeup ideas) for a Tim Burton-inspired look.  I decided that was the route that I'd be taking.  On my way home from work yesterday, I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought a bunch of different black & white fabrics.  I started construction at 7 and was probably done by 11:30.  So....No more babbling!  Now I share pics!  :-) Oh, and don't mind the background...It's the only full length mirror I have at my disposal.

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment