Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You say it's your BIRTHDAY!

Today is my best friend's birthday.  Today begins the last year of her 20's.  And for the next two months and three days, I will be younger than her.  And I'll make sure to remind her of this.  Often.  :-)

Terrie has been such a big part of my life for the last six years.  She helped me to come out of my shell in college.  She helped me to realize that there was much more to life than sitting in my room, playing on the computer or watching tv (not that those are terrible things...believe me.  I still spend way too much time doing both.).  She has truly become the sister that I never had.

She's been a shoulder to cry on and someone to laugh until I cry with.  She has been the person to tell me what I need to hear, whether I like what she's got to say or not.  She has been my confidant and my cheerleader.  She stood by my side, as I vowed to my husband.  She spent countless nights just sitting and watching tv with me.  She showed me that with determination, you can achieve your goals.  She is my best friend. 

I am so glad that she has come back home and I don't know what I would do if she ever left again.  I still don't see her as often as I would like, but once a year is just unacceptable. Terrie, if you decide to leave again, I will cut you.

Life has thrown her some curve balls, but she is a strong woman who I believe is capable of anything.  In four months, she will become a mother and I'm so excited for her.  Being that Hubby and I are both only children, Terrie's children are really the closest I feel I will ever come to having nieces/nephews.  I can't even express the happiness that I feel for her.  I am overwhelmed with feelings of excitement!  I am chomping at the bit to start planning her baby shower and I can't wait until the day that little man in born.  I will be at the hospital, in all my Auntie Jen-ness. 

Terrie - I just want you to know how very important you are to me.  I hope that your birthday is everything that you want it to be.  I hope your man spoils you rotten in whatever ways you like - candy, flowers, sex...You know, the whole shebang.  I hope that beautiful step daughter of yours realizes what a lucky little girl she is to have you in her life.  I hope you win a scratch off Lotto ticket for a million bucks.  I hope your little sea monkey comes out in a ninja outfit and a kippah.  I hope your life can be drama-free, if only for a day.  I hope 29 candles grace your cake for the rest of your birthdays.  And I hope you know that your best friend loves you more than words can ever EVER express.

2 comments: