Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The upside of new shifts...

So, like I've mentioned, I hate this shift. But the more I think about it, it's really not that terrible. Let's make a list of GOOD things about working 10-6.

  • My alarm doesn't go off until 6am. My internal clock wakes me up before this anyway, so I'm much more likely to actually get up on time.
  • I have time to take a walk in the morning. Three days in a row! Go me!
  • I have time to eat breakfast, shower, do my hair AND makeup and still have 20 minutes to read (or do some other randomness) before I have to leave.
  • It only takes me 50 minutes to get to work.
  • Lunch happens relatively early in the day

And while we're at it, let's discuss Hubby's new shift...

  • I have someone to eat dinner with
  • I'm not alone in the house all night long
  • I don't have to deal with him being a crabass when he wakes up because I'm still sleeping!
  • I get to bed by 9:30 or 10 because I don't have to worry about getting him out the door
  • We go to bed together, which means I'm much more likely to get some! :-D Yay for baby making. lol...

Today's the first day that we're both working our new shift. Hubby was off work on Monday and I was off yesterday. I think this may end up being a really good combo for us. He seemed to like being on 1st yesterday, so that's a good thing. We'll have to give it some more time and see how it goes, but overall, I'm trying to stay very positive.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that its working out for you two.

    Fingers crossed on the gettin' some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are working out so far with the new work shifts.

    Getting some is always a good thing :0)

    ReplyDelete