Saturday, September 18, 2010

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, the world said goodbye to a wonderful man. On September 19, 2009, my Opa left this world. I believe in his passing, he found peace. I believe that his pain subsided and that he is watching over his loved ones every day.




I can't believe how quickly one year has gone by. So many days: some special, some ordinary; some happy, some sad; some easy, some difficult.




A year ago, I had never really experienced a loss like this. I didn't know how hard it would be. I didn't know how to cope when it happened. And I didn't know how long it would hurt. I didn't know if it would ever stop hurting or even just hurt less. I didn't know if I'd ever be able to think of him or talk about him and not break down into sobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment