Monday, December 28, 2009

Time flies...

I can't believe it's already been a month since my last post. Time just gets away from me. Especially at this time of year.

Facebook just suggested a friend for me. Someone that I've been sorta looking for for a while now. I did a little creeping on his page. And it makes me wonder how life could have been...

This guy...What shall I call him? Buckle. lol If you knew him back in the day, you'd know why I'm giving him this name. Anyway, he was the older brother of one of my classmates. We got to know one another through a church group and I developed a crush on him in my freshman year of high school (Seriously...I think it'd be easier to count the guys that I didn't have a crush on...). We had a bit of a flirty relationship. He was SUCH a nice guy.

I don't remember what the occasion was, but we were at our church's grade school and Buckle, his brother and I were all hanging out on the playground. Mel was probably there at some point, too. Although I could be lying about that. Buckle and I had been flirting a whole bunch and he offered to drive me home, so my dad wouldn't have to drive out to get me. I had a backback or something, which I'd put in his trunk. When we got to my house, he got out of the car with me to get my bag and kissed me there in the driveway.

I don't know why that relationship never went anywhere. I really liked him a lot. And I got the distinct signal that he felt the same way. I think we talked on the phone a couple times, but that was it. Never a date. Never anything more than that one kiss.

I thought that I'd heard that he'd gotten married a few years ago. And I have to admit that I had a moment of disappointment when I heard that. But now Facebook tells me that he's single.

Not that I'm planning on going anywhere. And frankly, things with my husband are pretty good right now. I think the last year has been the happiest that we've been with one another for a long time. But seeing this old friend show up on FB, it stirs up that thought of 'What if...?' I think on more occasions than I'd like to admit, I find myself thinking about how different my life might have been if I'd made one decision differently.

Oh well. 'What if' will never get me anywhere. Life is what it is, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment